ELEVATE WINTER RETREAT
Elevate is an annual winter retreat sponsored by Wabash Student Ministries for students in grades 6-12. This year's event is on January 20-22, 2017.
SKIING | SNOWBOARDING | TUBING
*Doors open at 7:30 p.m. eastern standard time
Higher Ground Conference Center
3820 Logan Creek Ln, West Harrison, IN 47060
Register by December 18 and receive the discounted rate of $120 ($85 non-refundable deposit)
Registration fee goes up to $145 on December 19.
What to bring for skiing/snowboarding/tubing:
- Hat - if your head is warm the rest of you is likely to stay warm.
- Waterproof Gloves/Mittens - mittens are warmest.
- Goggles/Sunglasses - Goggles are strongly recommended on cold or snowy days for warmth and increased visibility.
- Jacket/Parka (water resistant)
- Synthetic or wool base layers for top & bottom - it's better to be warm than cold, you can always shed layers.
- Snow/Water resistant pants - very important, your 1st day will acquaint your butt to the snow, keep it warm & dry.
- Warm, dry socks - No cotton. Wear only one pair of socks.
- Sunscreen - SPF 15 or higher
- Lip Balm
- Equipment – If you are not renting: either skis, poles and boots; or snowboard and snowboard specific boots.
What to bring for the retreat center:
- Bedding: Pillow, sleeping bag (we are sleeping in a dorm room)
- Three days worth of clothes
- Towels, Toiletries (Deodorant)
- Tennis shoes
- Bible, pen, and notebook
What not to bring:
- Alcohol, drugs, cigarettes
- Knives, Guns
- A bad attitude :)